State-of-the-art, modern facilities
Created with a vision to provide patients with a convenient, all-inclusive service in one central and exclusive location, Gateway Day Hospital brings together highly regarded specialists, scientists and support staff to provide you with premium care and services.
Built with your comfort in mind, the Gateway Day Hospital offers a warm, welcoming, and tranquil environment overlooking the iconic Sydney Harbour, wherein you will have access to:
The benefits of a day hospital
As a day hospital, all patients admitted for a procedure are discharged home the same day which typically incorporates a stay of 2-4 hours. With few surgeries being performed each day compared to large hospitals, our patients enjoy the benefit of more intimate care provided at competitive procedure rates. A shorter hospital stay, early mobilisation and experienced nurse-led follow up also means patients can comfortably recover in the familiar surrounds of their own home.
Your healthcare rights
At Gateway Day Hospital, your rights are outlined in the Australian Charter of Health Care Rights to ensure that your care is provided of high quality and it is safe.
YOUR RIGHTS INCLUDE:
1. Access. Access to health service is a fundamental right for everyone.
2. Safety. Consumers and health care providers are entitled to safe and secure health care.
3. Quality. Consumers have the right to receive high-quality services.
4. Respect. Everyone has a right to be treated with respect and not experience discrimination.
5. Communication. The best health outcomes come from the full and open exchange of information between consumers and health staff.
6. Participation. Consumers must participate in decisions and choices about their care in order to get good health outcomes
7. Privacy. All participants in the health care system need to respect the privacy of other people
8. Comment. Consumers have the right to comment and / or complain.
Acknowledgement of Country
At Gateway Day Hospital we acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which our hospital operates, and their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge and respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of these regions.
We recognise that the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have the right to feel confident and safe in accessing the Australian healthcare system. At Gateway Day Hospital, we place this imperative at the forefront of our training, education, and policy development, and acknowledge the importance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities’ history and culture.
We are committed to working with their local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to identify their specific cultural requirements and healthcare needs.
Acknowledging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important aspect of ending exclusion. Awareness of the importance of different cultures and acceptance of this diversity as a part of modern Australia is central to our Company culture. This increased acceptance across all aspects of our society is a critical aspect in helping to create a more united Australia.